NetID is your unique computer account, comprised of letters and numbers. Your NetID identifies you as a UConn student and gives you access to certain electronic resources on campus, such as your HuskyCT online course tools and technology resources in the residence halls. Your NetID remains with you throughout your career at UConn.
Note: The NetID activation process can only be used if the NetID is new and has not previously been activated. If you do not have a social security number, you need an activation code to proceed. You will receive two email messages; the first contains your NetID, the second contains your activation code.
For assistance, contact the UITS Help Center at 860-486-4357 or email email@example.com. Any University account password is the property of the student and as such, is not released to parents and/or third parties.
Find Your NetID:
- Access http://netid.uconn.edu.
- Click Find Your NetID.
- Type your Last Name.
- Type your Date of Birth in MMDDYYYY format.
- Enter your 7-digit Student Administration System ID.
- Click the search button. The NetID Located! page appears displaying your NetID.
Note: If your NetID does not appear, access http://phonebook.uconn.edu/. Enter your name and click the Search button. If your NetID still does not display, contact the UITS Help Center at 860-486-4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activate Your NetID:
- From the NetID Located! page, click the activation page link. (Or from http://netid.uconn.edu click the Activate your NetID link.)
- On the NetID Activation page, enter the last four digits of your social security number.*
- Then enter your date of birth in the MMDDYYYY format.
- Click Activate.
* OR . . . in the Activation Code section, if you received a letter with a 25 character activation code, enter it in the Activation Code field, and click Activate.
Create Secret Questions and Answers:
- Select a question from each of the three Question fields, and type your response in the Answer field.
- Optionally, you may create a fourth question of your own and answer it.
- Click Continue.
Set Your New Password:
- Review the password requirments at the bottom of the page. Note the exclamation point (!) is not accepted as a password symbol.
- Enter your chosen password two times.
- Click the Set Password button. The Account Activation Complete page appears.
Test Your NetID and Password:
- Click Account Info on the top navigation bar.
- Review your Personal Information.
- Log out by closing your browser session.
Memorize your NetID and password. You will need this information to access many computing services.